Ketogenic diet for weight loss

One thing I love about diet and fitness is experimenting and seeing what works for me.  This is something I encourage everybody to do, as every BODY is different.  And different bodies react to certain foods differently.

One diet that I've been experimenting with over the last 6 months is a ketogenic diet. This site probably describes it better than I ever could, but in short, it's a very low carb diet high in fat and moderate protein.

I eat more protein than what your typical keto diet specifies as I'm trying to gain some muscle while losing fat.

Now, having done this diet now for a while I can tell you that I feel a lot less hungry than when I ate a moderate/high carb diet.  I am taking in more protein which helps with satiety, but I also feel like the added fat makes me feel more full.

I have this love hate relationship with carby foods! I certainly do enjoy them, but I can overeat carbs something fierce!  Especially late at night when I'm watching TV!

All in all, I'm feeling well-fed and I am the leanest I have ever been, so I think I will continue this experiment for the foreseeable future.

Oh, and another side effect is increased energy when your body starts using fat and ketones for energy! I've been really busy with getting my phlebotomy certification  and I have felt great! (Warning: RANT TIME! I had to get certified AGAIN! The first place I got "certified" through wasn't apparently recognized or wasn't reputable enough!  Grrr... so be sure to choose a highly reputable and recognized certification and save yourself some time.  I went through the ASCP, but here's a list of phlebotomy certification agencies that are all good.)

Sorry for the rant.  Anyways, I hope to hook-up with a company called IGGBO, which is kind of like Uber for phlebotomists, so on top of my day job I hope to be working more hours on the side, so I'll need all the energy I can get!

I'll keep you updated on the Keto experiment and if you have any questions please let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment